Search This Blog

Pages

Jan 29, 2011

An email to Pat Gohn of AmongWomen Podcast

Dear Pat,

I have two favorite Bible passages. The first one is Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through him who strengthens me." I remind myself of God's strength and love and that I can overcome the struggles in life by repeating this verse to myself when I am struggling with life burdens. My other favorite passage is Psalm 100.
I learned this as a young child at vacation Bible school, although I thought it was called vocation Bible school, not knowing what that might mean. Psalm 100 is the passage I first memorized and speaks of coming before God with thanksgiving and praise and joy, not perfection and in tune singing and being a good person. I learned this around age 5-8 and was very joyous in my worship of God, later I have struggled with the need for perfection. This passage reminds me that God does not request perfection, but just our full love. As found in the King James version, which I originally memorized it from, Psalm 100, verses 1-5:

Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

I have tried to be brief with this response to your prompt. I have been a listener since the podcast, "What I Love About Mary." Since then I have gone through and listened to the entire history of the podcast because I really like how you have set it up and not being a cradle Catholic find the saints stories very uplifting. Thank you for all the hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment