May 18, 2013

21 Day Plan for Busy Women: A Rich and Satisfying Life: Esther

Esther

Esther 2:1-8
Esther 4:6-17

Being Uniquely You, Esther, Passionate patience, the perseverance to do what you've been called to do.

  1. What was God's role in Esther's life?
    • To bring her to a position to save the Jews.
    • To show her her own power in a time when women were replaced with the whim of a king.
    • To love her and protect her.
  2. How did she respond? Did these actions lead her toward the "rich and satisfying" life Jesus promised?
    • At first Esther was reticent. She didn't want to die personally. When reminded of the power of God to bring her to the place she was as the king's favorite wife and queen, she did as was required of her.
    • I believe the actions of Esther did lead her to a "rich and satisfying" life of Jesus' promises. Not only did she bring safety to the Jews, but she learned of her own power and worth. Those things would lead to understanding herself better.
  3. How does the story apply to me today?
    • Like in my previous post (051813 Loyola Retreat), not my will but God's is my prayer. Esther shows me that I have to do what I'm called to do despite not wanting to, or not feeling I have the power to do so. God will provide the power for all my needs.
  4. What is the one thing I can do differently based on what I have learned?
    • I can set about my day in a different way. I get up have coffee or tea, read something, pray with God, and go on with getting the house set up for the day. 
    • I am learning to begin my day with prayer first. I can do this while still laying in bed, when checking how my body feels after a night of sleeping. I have rheumatoid arthritis in addition to the migraines and it leaves me feeling tight and tense when I wake. Walking is a bear in the morning as the body is not wanting to move and hasn't warmed up yet. I need to warm up my day by praying first, then continuing with setting up the day for life.
    • My prayers can be more than just conversations about how I feel about things, requests, and thank yous, but also incorporate asking God to reveal His will for me.
For more information or to join your own Bible Study with emailed readings or just online access only, feel free to visit YouVersion.com and set up a free account. There's a huge variety or Protestant and Catholic Bibles available for study as well as other languages than English. Enjoy!