Search This Blog

Pages

Sep 21, 2013

Blessings of the Migraines

It may seem weird to say I feel blessed to have the migraines, but hear me out.  I am alive, so feeling pain is proof off being alive.  But, it goes deeper than that.  When I suffer from a migraine, I feel like God is taking suffering from others to make theirs less harsh.  By having me experience this little pain, though large feeling to me, it makes another person's experience better, much like Jesus and the Cross does for Christians.

Just as Jesus prayed to God in the garden of Gethsemane to not have this cup, but not his will, but God the Father's will, I pray not to have the migraines, but not my will, but God's will and if God's will please use it to lessen the suffering of others in ravaged parts of the world.  I feel like this is the right way to be with the migraines at this time.  Maybe things will be revealed in the future to change that, but this is where I am for now.

One thing that was revealed, though, was not just to relieve the suffering of the victims, but also of the persecutors.  If the persecutors are forgiven and loved, they will eventually stop giving in to the persecutorial acts being asked of them.  I don't know if that is true, but it feels true.

Anyways, I started praying for the victims in Syria, especially the young girls and boys kidnapped for their desire for education and freedom.  Then, I heard a small, still voice asking about whether I could forgive the Syrian attackers, I was beyond shocked at the question.  Forgive those animals!  Did God know what they did to those children? To those innocent children? 

Of course he did.  He had died on the cross for the souls of all men, women, and children.  So, he must have died for these violators of others' being too, right?  It was hard to wrap my head around praying for the kidnappers and attackers to be forgiven and to have a better life than they have now.  But, what God wanted me to do.  It was easy to pray for the victims.  It was not easy to pray for the violators and mean it.

I learned that God does have a small still voice, that he really wants us to love our enemies as we love ourselves, and that what Jesus did with the cross is more intense than I had already figured out.  Jesus didn't just do die on the cross for my sins, or the sins of anyone I know, but for the sins of the attackers, the people we like to say are truly evil so we feel like we will never be in that place too, those are also the people Jesus died on the cross for.  He died for Andrew Jackson, whom signed off on the Trail of Tears, Hitler, Khan, Alexander the Great, the Vikings, the ones who attacked anyone all throughout our world's history, even back through the ancestry to the first human, many millennium ago.

And, did Jesus die on the cross just for homo sapiens or for all the human species?  My mind is blown just thinking about homo sapiens applications, though God and Jesus are so big that there is no limit to their love and power.  If he wanted to, he could have died for all of humanity from austrolipithcus and on up, at least I think that is the grouping Lucy was in.   I am just amazed at God's power and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment