Search This Blog

Pages

Aug 30, 2011

Top 10 Reasons I'm Catholic

  1. Mary, the Mother of God, is a connection to God that is female
  2. The Rosary, praying that is meditative, easy and relaxing
  3. Jesus, the Savior of us all
  4. Communion, I wanted to experience the Real Presence in the host
  5. Friends and Family, Many of my friends are Catholic and some of my family, I wanted to participate in that community
  6. Social Justice, the Catholic church has a strong desire to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, and give rest to the weary
  7. Saints, I like the historical connection to others in Heaven
  8. Ritual, the celebration of the Liturgy of the Word and Liturgy of Eucharist are full of beautiful rituals that delight the senses
  9. The Catholic church is the original church, so it's like I'm going back to my roots
  10. Nuns, who doesn't like these nice, strong, faithful women in funny outfits :)

No comments:

Post a Comment