Search This Blog

Pages

Aug 8, 2012

Sweaters for Twins



These projects were started during the London Olympics 2012. I watched loads of swimming, gymnastics, and track n field events while knitting these sweaters. The sweaters are destined for two little ones to wear on their way home from the hospital in late fall.

The country blue color was already in my stash, which isn't very big. I've been trying to work from stash exclusively as that helps to create space for more fun yarns. I didn't have a cream or mushroom color in stash. Oh, no! What to do but go shopping of course! Michael's Impeccable in Soft Taupe is an excellent Mushroom color and in Heather is an excellent cream color. {I'm not paid by Michael's or anything, just like their yarns.}

Back home to knit during the Olympics and the Ravellenic Games. There was a hallabaloo over Ravelry using the name Ravelympics for their imaginary points only, international, Olympics timed and themed events. The hallabaloo started with a cease and desist letter from the US Olympic Committee who said Ravelry was infringing on their right to the Olympic franchise. Anywho,  these sweaters medaled in the Baby Dressage and Sweater Triathlon events.

I'm also into Harry Potter and participate in the Harry Potter Knit/Crochet House Cup. These sweaters earned thirty points for Quidditch, which just happens to be the Ravellenic Games. I'm doing a few other projects and hope to get a few bonuses for all my hard work. 

Anyways, I just wanted to share this with all of you and hope you have a grand day or night,as the case may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment