Search This Blog

Pages

Jul 4, 2017

Blessings of the Migraines, an update

So, why would I post about the benefits of migraines? Grandma prays continually for a cure, but I don't think that will happen. It may, but, I'm not holding my breath.

So, what are the benefits of migraines?  Let me count them....

  1. Greater gratitude for life and simple things.
    1. Walks with my dog in the crisp winter sunny days, the sharp scent of snow enveloping my entire being
    2. Summertime walks at night and getting to see inside the neighbors houses'. Thankfully, they're all decent folks.
  2. Noticing the changes of when birds start to sing in the morning from the insomnia the various medications cause.
  3. Understanding how to communicate without words about stuff with folks who don't talk.
  4. Getting more knowledge and connection with others in the extended family and friends circles.
  5. Growing in a sense of who I am, and what I'm not going to put up with anymore.
  6. Less caring about what folks think of me since I have to wear sunglasses at night in the winter to go into stores.
  7. Getting to know the quieter people in my neighborhood a bit more.
It's not all roses. There's days when I can barely keep anything in me due to the ongoing nausea, and days when I can barely get out of bed due to the head hurting to move, and the great inconvenience of it all being random. But, I also look at the silver linings.

No comments:

Post a Comment