So, what are the benefits of migraines? Let me count them....
- Greater gratitude for life and simple things.
- Walks with my dog in the crisp winter sunny days, the sharp scent of snow enveloping my entire being
- Summertime walks at night and getting to see inside the neighbors houses'. Thankfully, they're all decent folks.
- Noticing the changes of when birds start to sing in the morning from the insomnia the various medications cause.
- Understanding how to communicate without words about stuff with folks who don't talk.
- Getting more knowledge and connection with others in the extended family and friends circles.
- Growing in a sense of who I am, and what I'm not going to put up with anymore.
- Less caring about what folks think of me since I have to wear sunglasses at night in the winter to go into stores.
- Getting to know the quieter people in my neighborhood a bit more.
It's not all roses. There's days when I can barely keep anything in me due to the ongoing nausea, and days when I can barely get out of bed due to the head hurting to move, and the great inconvenience of it all being random. But, I also look at the silver linings.