Search This Blog

Pages

Jul 24, 2020

Current Projects, an Update

Hi Folks!

With all the changes over at Ravelry and my own inability to use the classic version without getting a migraine quickly, I'm deciding to update projects here again. I had gotten out of the habit with the ease of Ravelry, but that's no longer an easy place to do stuff. So, here we are!

I plan to be doing these on a semi-regularly basis going forwards, every to every other week, depending on frequently I get to doing some projects.

First up this month is the first of the Hermione's Everyday Socks (link is to the Dreams in Fiber website for this free pattern). I am using Knit Picks Stroll in Pucker, a hot pink color. I adapted the pattern using Cat Bordhi's Sweet Tomato Heel and making them toe-up, instead of cuff down as directed in the pattern. I adapted the Sweet Tomato Heel by making it over only half the stitches, it works in this instance, but you should experiment in your own sock knitting if adjusting patterns. I didn't use a lifeline, but it would have been a good idea.

Here's a picture of one of the socks. I'm still in knitting the leg of the other sock. I need to count how many pattern repeats I did in this one to make the current one match before working the ribbing.


I also made a Beekeeper's Quilt (link is to the Tiny Owl Knits blog post about the pattern, there's a link to buy the pattern through Ravelry at the bottom of the page) motif known as a hexipuff, but since it's not stuffed, also known as a hexi-flat. Lots of knitters all over the world make these, some stuff them, and then sew them together to make coverlets of varying sizes. 


That's it so far this month. I am doing well living through the pandemic mostly. It's a good time to listen to podcasts and learn more about how my brain works. 

I hope y'all have a good crafting month.

Later,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment