Search This Blog

Pages

May 10, 2013

The Fact/Faith Debate: Initial Reaction

I'm just getting into the book, The Fact/Faith Debate, by Jack Gage, and so far I can tell it's interesting. And, not in that strange, don't know what to say interesting.

He's setting up the spectrum between atheistic just the facts ma'am kind of understanding of our world and faith based only understanding of our world. I'm Catholic, which the Catholic Church believes in Faith and Reason. A past church I attended believes Creationism, that the world is literally 6,000 years old with people and dinosaurs walking the Earth in tandem. That confuses me. I'm on the side of faith, but closer to the facts than not. I'm faith filled, but skeptical.

Then, he get's into when did sentience occur and who first thought about why something happened. Was it homo sapiens or Australopithecus' Lucy or some other far flung ancestor? We'll never know but it is fun and fascinating to wonder about it.

I can tell this is going to be a great read. I can't wait to finish it! The publisher gave me a free copy to provide my honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment