Search This Blog

Pages

May 19, 2013

Smart but Scattered, What I learned about myself, A Review



In Smart but Scattered, authors Peg Dawson, EdD, and Richard Guare, PhD, define executive skills, their development trajectory, methods for teaching them, and provide assessments for your children and yourself to see which skills are strengths and which are weaknesses. They bring over 30 years experience to the writing of this book and it shows on every page.

I liked the assessments, the skills definitions, and the routines for improving skills. Alsio of great use are the hints and tips on how to develop your own skills building routines.

I learned a lot about my strength, flexibility, which didn’t surprise me at all, and my weaknesses planning/prioritizing and time management, also not surprising. I have already started to implement some of the routines recommended by the authors and have learned  how to build my own improvement routines.

I would recommend this book to parents, teachers, and adults who are or who work with kids who are smart but for what ever reason just aren’t living up to their potential.

I give it 5/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment